About Me

Torquay, Victoria, Australia
To start with I'm so bored that I'm being a try-hard(?) nerd and doing an 'about me'. I'm 20 and it's hideously old. I'm studying to be an architect or construction manager and struggling lol. I live in Torquay. It's good and bad. I live with my parents cos I'm unemployed and lazy. And that's about me...

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Glenn Murcutt

I have chosen Glenn Murcutt as my Master Architect for the architecture side of the major assignment.
I felt his 'Australian-ised' work was interesting, and his inspirations, which include shearing sheds, were appropriate for this project. The following images were ones I found which contributed to my decision.






The main features that I plan to incorporate include corrugated iron cladding, some form of exposed or feature down pipes, along with box gutters. Also glazing for light and warmth, and possibly louvres to allow ventilation. Curving roofs could also be interesting...

2 comments:

Nesime Tatlica said...

Is this the building that's located along the Great Ocean Road? They actually had a review of it on Getaway. It would be good for you to watch as it would help you get a better understanding of his design concept. It would be good if you actually included details about your photographs in your annotations.

Jack said...

Do u mean Midnight Head, the resort place? I'm fairly certain the house is located in NSW... the one amongst the ferns is the one im presuming you mean... anyway thnx mate!