About Me

Torquay, Victoria, Australia
To start with I'm so bored that I'm being a try-hard(?) nerd and doing an 'about me'. I'm 20 and it's hideously old. I'm studying to be an architect or construction manager and struggling lol. I live in Torquay. It's good and bad. I live with my parents cos I'm unemployed and lazy. And that's about me...

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Long Span Portal Frame Construction Detail

The following drawing shows the basic construction of a Long Span Building, eg. warehouse, gym, or any other structure that requires a large uninterrupted interior space.

The beam is connected to the staunchion with a bolting configuration, however this could be welded. The knee joint is this meeting between staunchion and beam, and is integral to the efficiency of portal frame design.

The minimum height of the slab above ground level is 75mm.

The minimum overlap between the concrete panel and the Lysaght Custom orb Cladding is 65mm.



No comments: