About Me

Torquay, Victoria, Australia
To start with I'm so bored that I'm being a try-hard(?) nerd and doing an 'about me'. I'm 20 and it's hideously old. I'm studying to be an architect or construction manager and struggling lol. I live in Torquay. It's good and bad. I live with my parents cos I'm unemployed and lazy. And that's about me...

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Long Span Portal Frame Construction Detail 2


Section is of the same structure as previous, however running in a perpendicular direction. The section shows the wall/roof and knee joint, which is important and allows the open span.

I realised after scanning this image in that there is something wrong going on with the top of the wall cladding. This would need to be fixed to the frame somehow, which I'm obviously unsure about...

Oh and i forgot to label the Lysaght kliplock roof @2 degrees :P

2 comments:

Jeremy Ham's Construction Blog said...

...girts will be about 150-200mm wide

Dave Harris said...

Nice one you try-hard nerd who posts an 'About Me' section.. hahaha

Just kidding. Very sharp looking profile Jack. Hitting town anytime soon? That is, for construction building/site photos and not to get fez right?